Thursday 29 November 2012

Admittance

I have a fantastic group of online Mommy friends.  They get to hear me rant and whine and vent.  Especially now.  But you know what is so fantastic?  They listen, console, (virtual) hug, and offer advice that is do-able and works.  I have only met a few of them in real life, but the entire group of then - more than a hundred - have helped me more than I can say.

When I vented about my current mind-frame, and how alone and sad I was starting to get, many of them suggested that perhaps I was appearing to be "coping too well" to the outside eye.  Maybe it was time to share some of my other, perhaps less-pleasant, feelings.

So here goes...

I feel alone.

I feel sad.

I feel scared.

I feel stressed.

I wish I had more offers of help.  Even a phone call or email to see how I am doing.  A card in the mail or a visit for coffee and cake.  I love each and every person who is in my life, and I want them to know how I am feeling.  I know that many friends and family will not know what to say or do to make me feel "better," but that's okay.  Say and do whatever you want.  We can talk about other things.  We can just hang out.  It can be 5 minutes or 5 hours.  It all helps.  And it all makes me feel more human and more happy.  And right now, anything that enduces happiness is a good thing.

People - I miss you.  Let's have some time together.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I found your blog via the MS Walk top 10 fundraiser list. I love this post. I feel exactly the same way about missing people who seem to be keeping their distance since my diagnosis on November 15. I'm a bit older than you -- no kids, both parents dead. Trying to make sense of this whole thing.

    Keep on writing -- I'll keep on reading.

    Jennifer Sweeney (Kits Kruisers)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer, for reading! Sometimes all you need to get through this is a friendly face (or listening ears!).

      I see you are doing really well in your fundraising - way to go!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sarah. Your numbers will go up when the article gets published in the Burnaby News! Your story is so compelling and you come across as such a nice person on your blog. I'm sure the article will convey that too.

      With each dollar I raise I think of all the people I've met with MS that I want to help, and now that includes me.

      Delete